What's happening


Enfolded


New Generation


Garden Party

Last year when I quit a teaching job that I had for many (23) years, I had one day a week less employment, and I was unsure if I would be able to sustain that financially. I kept thinking that I would have to start looking for work, but I would just paint until something came up. Nothing has come up yet, and I have been painting since August. These are the first three paintings (oil on board, 30x48") and as soon as they are photographed I will have 2 more to show you. They were surprising to me. I'm sure you can see some garden influence, from the bird house gourds I was growing, but otherwise I really don't know where the ideas came from. I fought this weird imagery a little, but after a while I just gave into it. It has probably been underground for a while, waiting for me to catch up.
Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day! 2022

Fernando Llosa - New Stone Poems